Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happiness

Happiness is so fleeting. Joy is abiding. I know this, and yet I revel in the happy moments. And why not? If they're fleeting, might as well savor them.

At the moment, I'm happy. There are, of course, annoyances encroaching upon this delicate and lovely state of mind, but they are still "scaling the walls."

Such simple things can make a person happy! Tonight, the catalyst was simply reconnecting with music I haven't listened to since happier, more hopeful days. (Not too long ago, actually, but water can pass quickly under the bridge of the heart.)

And then, of course, there is the tiny little detail of the plans for the weekend, which include a lot of fun time with a few good friends. Anticipation is a sweet drug.

So, now, I will bring this monologue to an abrupt halt, before the happiness wears off. Get out my dancing shoes!

No comments: