What is life without inspiration? Paul said that, when all is said and done, three things remain: faith, hope, and love. He was right.
All of this life seems to daily be an erosion of these. The outlook is so bleak without these three things for inspiration. Yet, how do we find them when this terrestrial ball is so devoid of them?
I have loved so deeply, and gained only pain in return. I have hoped so high, only to be awakened by harsh reality: Babies die before they are born. Men throw my heart away. Classes are failed. Friends drift away.
The problem with being an idealist is that life isn't ideal. And one person can't create a beautiful world. All the education in the world won't make me Superwoman. I'll still fall every time I try to fly.
But I do have a dream. And I am compelled--by faith, hope, and love--to do all in my power to achieve it. I want to run a clinic in a tiny village in the Third World, where children can come for treatment and help. I want it to be attached to a school where they can receive an education, and maybe a chance to live a better life than their parents had opportunity to live. I want them to learn to garden, to read, to experience beautiful music. I want to see them smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment