"Tomorrow Is A Long Time"
If today was not an endless highway
If tonight was not a crooked trail
If tomorrow wasn't such a long time
Then lonesome would mean nothing to me at all
Yes, and only if my own true love was waiting
If I could hear his heart softly pounding
Yes, and only if he was lying by me
Would I lie in my bed once again
I can't see my reflection in the waters
I can't speak the sounds that show no pain
I can't hear the echo of my footsteps
Or remember the sound of my own name
Yes, and only if my own true love was waiting
If I could hear his heart softly pounding
Yes, and only if he was lying by me
Would I lie in my bed once again
There's beauty in that silver singing river
There's beauty in that sunrise in the sky
But none of these and nothing else can touch the beauty
That I remember in my true love's eyes
Yes, and only if my own true love was waiting
If I could hear his heart softly pounding
Yes, and only if he was lying by me
Would I lie in my bed once again--Nickel Creek
Yes, I know, I've been waxing eloquent using someone else's words lately. But it's not as if anyone's really reading this blog, anyway!How lonesome life sometimes is! Disappointments are heavier alone, accomplishments less sweet when savored alone. Yet, my heart is still unwilling to settle for mediocrity: the illusion of love. Being truly alone, I must admit, is better than being lost completely in a relationship. At least alone I have myself. And I can dream that one day, my own true love will find me--and love me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment