Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Only Kindness Matters

I have learned over the last few days that some hearts are kind to the depth, even when they must choose to look out for themselves. How many of us could see another's raw pain and not turn away? We all like to think that we are compassionate, but when confronted with true heart-wrenching agony in another, we all too often respond with revulsion. Yet, I have met a heart that is warm and gentle, even in its firmness to purpose...which happens to be the very thing causing such pain! What a quandary, yet it begs respect. Such harsh trials seem to be needed to bring out the truth of my soul strength. Why must I always learn the hard way? Yet, when the lesson begins to be clear, such a rush of joy! To know that I am worthy of so much more than I choose...and to know that I have to power to choose! I may choose selfless soul love, or I may choose selfish loneliness. I may choose impersonal mediocrity, or I may choose to risk connecting with another and growing past my perceptions.Now I pray that on this everlong journey of joy my heart will be as kind to each soul I meet as that of my dear friend, and that I will speak my truth just as faithfully. Come what may.

No comments: