Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Que Interesante

You'd think God would take sides.
He'd sort us all:Big fish, little fish.
And some of us think
We're holy because our friends think so.
How easy it is to say the words!
"I think of Job..."
Have you walked in his shoes?
No: he was benevolent and wise. You are neither.
How easily God is mocked,Or so you seem to think.
Think you He's blind?
God is my judge: Daniel.
And He weighs your character in the end.
Your religious cohorts will have no say in that judgment.
Be careful who you impress.
Your value; who can measure?
Until your eyes are open, you will never know.
I have wept long nights, pleading
That God would save, soften, awaken you--
To the dawn of love, and not the dusk of hell.
Those nights have left me cold.
I work in the day now, knowing
My value, my purpose--Alone.
Yet, here I stand; I can do no other.
These things remain: faith, hope, love.
But the greatest of these is love.

No comments: