So...the end-date of my 90-day challenge has come and gone, and I've put on all the weight I shed in the first three weeks.
The baby is back.
Right after I celebrated my victory at the 1/3 mark, I found out I was going in for surgery. I figured all my crazy exercise previous to the surgery would have me bouncing back into fitness. Wrong.
I couldn't move from the couch for a week, and after that, it hurt even to walk. And since the incision was in my abdomen, I had a snowball's chance in hell of doing any exercise like yoga, Pilates or the ab exercise DVD I had been doing with the crazy New Yorker leading her studio audience through a series of gut-shrinking contortions while she glibly encouraged us to "reach for those pork chops."
And while I sat on the couch, strung out on lovely pain-relieving drugs, all I wanted to eat was ice cream with warm raspberries on top. So much for tracking calories.
But you know the great thing about life? It goes on.
It's been two months since my surgery, and although my muscles are extremely stiff, my incision is healed, and I can once again do yoga without doubling over in pain.
So, I'm starting over. Tomorrow morning, I'll weigh in, measure all the relevant spots, and start on my journey again.
This time, I'll be setting myself up a little better for success. I'll be using the BodyKey program, which gives me daily menus and daily exercises, so I don't even need to think about creative ways to make my 1,200 calories stretch through the day. I can if I want to, but if I'm having a day or week when I don't want to use my brain, I don't have to.
I'll also be purchasing a FitBit One, which will sync with the BodyKey app on my phone, so I can track how many calories I'm actually burning each day, instead of estimating based on MyFitnessPal's average.
And I'm excited! The cool thing about my 3-week run of success back in February is that I know it's possible for me to lose the weight and feel better. There will always be obstacles in life that will make the journey to achieving my goals a little longer. That's ok. As long as I keep on overcoming them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment