Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shedding a Small Baby

Today's a big milestone. It's the 3-week mark on my journey back to fitness. So, I took some measurements.

Remember my waist to hip ratio? Well, it's been reduced--slightly. I'm still not in the safe zone. But get this: I lost 3.5 inches off my waist in the last 3 weeks! With the inch I lost off my hips, that's 4.5 inches.

I've evaporated the equivalent of a 5 pound, 4.5 inch fat baby!


People have been asking me where I get the discipline from. It's pretty simple: I cheat.
  • Last night, I wanted to eat popcorn with Joey while I crocheted. So, I worked out for an extra 35 minutes, and dragged him out for a walk before we sat down to laziness and yummy goodness.
  • And every Friday evening to Saturday evening, I eat whatever I want. Literally. 
  • Also, I don't beat myself up for my slip-ups. I'll be honest: Monday evening, I had spent half the day in bed with a wicked flu, and when Joey suggested ordering pizza, I didn't turn him down. Not only that, but I was suddenly starving. I ate my entire day's allotment of calories (1200) in one sitting. BAM! ... But the next morning, the slate was clean, and all I had to win was that day.

My dear friend Sarah sent me this pic when I first started this 90-day journey, and I remind myself of it daily. Here's to the discipline of pleasure!


No comments: