Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Life...

John Maxwell wrote something to the effect that the two most important days in the life of any person are the day they are born, and the day they find out why. I know, I know, I should be more careful about the sources I cite. I'll be sure to come back and tell you where I read it.

My point in writing at all, though, is because I kinda think I'm having one of those important days. The last few months have been a crazy journey of self-discovery, brutally honest evaluations of the trajectory I'm on, and slow but steady course corrections. Needless to say, it hasn't been an easy few months.

But it's been worth it, because it's brought me to today. And I don't think I'd have gotten here any other way.

Words are not enough to communicate how excited I am to be alive today, and how grateful I am for the people in my life. Even more so, I'm overjoyed to know that the future is only going to be better. See, now I'm just sounding like a raving lunatic. Nobody's excited about their future anymore. What's there to be excited about, when the average Canadian doesn't free himself from debt til 57, and the average lifespan after retirement at 65 is now just 18 months? Or worse, when you can't even see past the weekend party?

But, seriously, it's time. It's time for me to dig my well before I'm thirsty; time to step into the light that's been waiting for me to grow up enough to see it. My life is being lived every day for a purpose. And that is joy.

No comments: