Why do good people have to take the brunt of others' petty selfish mistakes? Why are some people so self-involved they can't even see the grace extended to them?
I've been called a few unsavory names by a girl who for years has claimed me as her best friend. All because I accepted a friend request from someone who I thought was a friend of hers! Apparently, I was too out of the loop: she now hates him. And because of that, she has dissolved our friendship. Some best friend.
But this isn't the first time she's dumped her emotional garbage on me, blaming me for things beyond my control. It seems, with her, all my patience with her name-calling, all my empathy, all the times I've kept my mouth shut--all wasted. Diamonds lost in the sand.
Not that I've always been the perfect friend. I've certainly had my times of need. Times I needed a shoulder to cry on. Times I said stupid things before I thought. Times I wasn't the support she needed. And I'm sorry for those times.
But nobody deserves to be treated so distastefully, when the situation has nothing to do with me. It kinda makes me mad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I've tagged you Holly. Hope you get this by the end of the year. When are you coming to Istanbul?
Wow, that's incredible. You are definitely being a strong Christian for not retaliating and simply taking everything being thrown at you. I'll be referring to this post in the future when I face a similar situation.
Post a Comment