Sunday, February 14, 2010

Joey's Girl

Top 10 Reasons I'll always be Joey's girl:

10. He introduced me to Sex & the City. What girl's life is complete until she's seen herself reflected in an episode?

9. He's willing to take off on my crazy road trips, and drives all night while we shoot the breeze about everything from politics to parenting to our next road trip.

8. He makes me tea--just the way I like it--just about every morning.

7. He loves M*A*S*H even more than I do, which is saying a lot about his feelings for the Swamp crew and Radar O'Reilly.

6. We have Coldplay marathons at his behest (one of which we're in the middle of now), and he croons every song to me with his eyes closed.

5. Our hugs fit each other's perfectly. No extra space, no uncomfortable tight spots. Just perfect encircling.

4. No matter what we squabble over, he knows how to apologize and to forgive. And he does so, every time.

3. Nine times out of ten, he can tell how I'm feeling at a glance. But he still asks, because he knows it's best for me to tell him what's up.

2. No one has ever made me laugh like he does. Every single day.

1. Every text from him, every note on the fridge, every phone call, and every passing thought of him through the busy day makes me smile.

No comments: