I just went through more of the pictures I took this summer on our trips, and they gave me pause for thought: do I tell the ones I love how much I really treasure them, enough that they really feel it?
I suppose we can never say it enough all at one time: that's what a lifetime is for. But when I live so far from those I love most, I wonder if the times I get with them are enough? I wonder if they realize the hours I spend holed up behind my desk with misty eyes as I remember times spent with them through pictures.
This has been one memorable summer. We not only got to see the family in Oregon twice, but we finally got to make good on my promise to visit Maryland and introduce Mikayla to her great-grandparents. I couldn't be happier for the time spent with family this summer. And I'm really grateful for cameras, which make it possible to relive those memories.

No comments:
Post a Comment