Sometimes I lose my focus. I forget that, while the people I love may hurt me, I still love them; that's why it hurts. I forget that it's ok for me to be hurt, and I forget that it's ok for me to love. I forget that my love is what makes me beautiful.
It's times like these, when I'm risking my life by sitting in the bath with my laptop perched on my knees on a towel, because I have so much to express, that I have clarity: focus.
I love that song: "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need." God knows I try! And I always get what I need. Sometimes it's exactly what I don't want, but it's always what I need. I'm so grateful for friends who are willing to stick out their necks and tell me to wait things out when I'm crying my eyes out in frustration over not getting what I want!
In the end, whether my dream comes true or not, I'll have learned to love wisely, sweetly, and fully. Who could really ask for anything more? Only I could. Because I want someone else to learn it with me. I want him to dream about me.
I don't know if he ever will live my dream, but for now I have his message: don't dream it's over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've been waiting for you to post. I believe you will have few regrets in your life because you feel to the fullest. You are soooooooooo passionate about life. Good for you! And, I'd love for you to visit me in Turkey. Let me know when you want to and maybe we can plan it.
Post a Comment