It's amazing how much power we give to others: power to make us happy or sad, power to change our plans just by simply calling, power to break our hearts. This is our personal power! I have the choice to be happy or sad, to make plans and carry them out, to guard and nourish my heart. But do I make that choice? Not often enough. I let midnight phone calls and short flights of fancy entice my soul into believing that other people can make me happier than I can make myself. What a bewitching deception!
The real key, it seems to me, is to understand, love, and appreciate myself enough to realize the value of my friendship--enough to realize that, although it is free, my friendship is a gift. My love is even more so. And, strangely, it seems that as I do this, I can truly share myself with others, trusting myself to keep my power intact. The sorrow comes in knowing that others who don't see their own value can't accept the gift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment